Ellie Goulding X Monsieur Adi

Wednesday 22 May 2013

Yes this is Ellie Goulding, and that is not Monsieur Adi:


One day in 2010 I stumbled across this music video for Monsieur Adi's Remix of 
Ellie Goulding's Starry Eyed:


That drawing makes a little more sense now doesn't it.

This video has had a tendency to creep in and out of my head at will for the last few years.
I'm not sure what it is.  Maybe it's the good balance of creepy and whimsical. Maybe it's that the Starman could become any of our doppelgängers by the tiniest stretch of immagination. 
Or maybe it's a well edited simple video with a premise.

It could just be me though. I guess I just really like this video.
Unfortunately it feels a little underrated.

The film was made by a short film collective called Hand Krafted Films, which seems to have gone a bit quiet (on the internet anyways) this year, if anyone knows what they're up to now let me know.

Also, for fun, some more Ellie Goulding and Monsieur Adi, 
with some added Daft Punk for good measure:

No comments:

Post a Comment