Breakfast: Don't Add Milk

Sunday 8 November 2009


So yeah, as I mentioned before, I started my course at csm a few weeks ago, well about a month ago now, it's been rather busy, I've had barely any time to put work up! But to make up for it, this post is pretty image heavy, and I gotta admit, a little different.

This was my first project, the summer project, it had a simple theme, breakfast.



That's right, a paper breakfast.

We had to represent breakfast through five pictures. I had an instinct to make paper templates of typical breakfast things, as I didn't feel like going for the real thing... and to be honest all holiday I'd been itching to try out some papercraft!

So I decided to document some beautiful people making breakfast in an entirely different way... Here are the 5 photographs I went with for the exhibition. In these pictures we travel from the original templates to the final breakfast items. Smiles all round.











Unfortunately there were some pictures that didn't make the cut.






Yeah MILKY!

And of course, there were some outtakes...








Hell yeah she's gonna kill me...


It's quite easy to see we had fun...

The tutors liked it, but informed me I'd done a graphic design answer to a photo brief... whoops! Still quite pleased as I wouldn't describe myself as that fictional word "graphic-y" at all.
Maybe I can do something besides illustrate and animate after all!

Ah well, it was just a bit of fun! God I love papercraft!


Nom Nom Nom!


No comments:

Post a Comment