Secret 7" 2015 Revealed

Monday 25 May 2015

AKA 'Not so Secret 7" 2015'

Remember that exhibition I was going on about last month? Of course you do, and if you don't, simply scroll down a little.

Well sale day has passed, so I can reveal my record cover here!
The sleeve I designed was for the delightful track Sledgehammer by Peter Gabriel:


The song's all about sex you see. It's filled with many creative innuendos that stick in your mind. The type you don't notice as a kid, but very much resonate with you as an adult
(well, that's what I found).

The song reminded me that once you discover something’s an innuendo,
it’s kinda hard to get out of that often amusing mindset, and that's what this cover's about.

Why a sea of aubergines?
Well, *ahem* they're the innuendo of today... trust me, they resemble a certain appendage.
Look up 'sexting' and 'aubergine/eggplant' and you'll know what I mean.
On second thoughts, don't do that.

For good measure here's the back of the record sleeve:
Ouch indeed!

If you haven't, you need to see the video for this song. It was extremely ahead of it's time:

Also, just so you know, the record was bought by this guy:
A photo posted by Secret 7" (@secret7s) on

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment